Fixing Windows 10 After Automatic Repair Fails Solution 1
One of the most frustrating problems with Windows 10 is the automatic repair services, it’s a handy tool that doesn’t always fix your problems. When you load up your computer, some may come across the dreadful message “Windows 10 Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your PC.” There is hope, without the need to reformat your operating system. The solution may be strange to some but for many, it is what will solve your problems.
Fixing Windows 10 After Automatic Repair could not repair your PC
When booting your computer, a Windows 10 Boot Options Menu should appear. When it appears, do the following:
- Select Troubleshoot and then Advanced Options
- Select Command Prompt from the list of options
- When the Command Prompt appears, enter the following, one line at a time,
- bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
- bootrec.exe /fixmbr
- bootrec.exe /fixboot
- This next step is optional but highly recommended, type the following in the Command Prompt where “c:” is for each of your drives:
- chkdsk /r c:
- If you have a “D” drive, type:
- chkdsk /r d:
- Restart your computer and see if the issue has been resolved.